Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sysprep Dell Latitude E6x20/E6x10 and the fix for the Free Fall Sensor Driver

OK, since I have tested this for a week now I decided to go ahead and post the fix for the Free Fall Sensor "Error Handle" message.  In short, you need to include the "amd64_Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep_6.1.7600.16385_neutral" component for the "Generalize Pass" in your XML answer file and set the "PersistAllDeviceInstalls" setting to True.  This is assuming that you are running Win7 Enterprise 64x without Service Pack 1, I would assume the version you are running is irrelevant.  Also, I have just realized that the second generation (E6x10) is also having this problem.  I applied the same fix as above and all is well.

My next post will contain the information for building an XML answer file.

1 comment:

  1. That worked beautifully for me for a Dell Precision M6600. But sysprep still seems to be stripping out or replacing the basic Intel graphics drivers and dumping some of the nVidia Quadro 3000 features. I've seen it do that on some of the Latitude E5x20s as well. Any thoughts on that?

    ReplyDelete